Parasitology News and Resources
- Helenbrook, WD et al. (2017). Association of anthropogenic disturbances and intestinal parasitism in Ecuadorian mantled howler monkeys, Alouatta palliata aequatorialis. Folia Primatologica, 88(3), 307-322.
- Helenbrook, WD et al. (2015). Risk factors associated with endoparasitism in two rural Ecuadorian communities.
- Fecal metagenomics for the simultaneous assessment of diet, parasites, and population genetics of an understudied primate.
- Helenbrook, WD et al. (2015). Gastrointestinal parasites of Ecuadorian mantled howler monkeys (Alouatta palliata aequatorialis) based on fecal analysis. Journal of Parasitology 101(3):341-350.
- Helenbrook, WD et al. (2015). Characterization of Blastocystis species infection in humans and mantled howler monkeys, Alouatta palliata aequatorialis, living in close proximity to one another. Parasitology Research 114(7):2517-2525.
- Blog on the Stramenopile Blastocystis
- How saving West African forests might have prevented the Ebola epidemic