From GreenPeace. If you’re ready to join the movement for a deforestation-free future, here’s how you can start:
1. Make sure that the forest-derived products you buy are made from 100 percent post-consumer content materials.
2. Make informed food choices. Eating a plant-based diet or reducing your consumption of animal products like meat and dairy can help save forests.
3. Buy from companies that have a commitment to reducing deforestation through forest-friendly policies.
4. If you are buying products made from virgin forest fiber, make sure that it bears a seal from a credible forestry certification system, like the Forest Stewardship Council.
5. Educate your friends, family, and community about how our everyday actions can impact forests around the world.
*6. Stop eating these products with palm oil in them (it's a long and difficult list): http://wwf.to/WQJqor